Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

December 31, 2011

In the past few days I have had a surge of symptoms. Hunger, nausea, heartburn, belly spasms, frequent urination and superhuman smell. Many of these I was already having but contributed it to the cold symptoms and medicinal effects. As you can see my artillery of cold medicine has been enough to take out a small army of elephants.





Yesterday I woke up earlier than normal and had a episode of heartburn and nausea. I have always been the kind that if I woke up too early and too abruptly, it caused me to become nauseous, but this was different. I was starving! Hunger pains that I felt the need to just put something in my stomach. I tried a Newton Thin and it was unappealing. I wanted something hot! We went to Chik-Fil-A and ordered chicken noodle soup. My crave is chicken noodle soup. As I was waiting in line, a man turned around next to me with a tray of waffle fries. I caught a wiff and was immediately disgusted. I guess I will stick to my favorite...Lipton Noodle Soup in the un-smelly comfort of my own home. 






Last night I could not sleep. I was having major anxiety about taking cold medicine so I called the on call physician at my obgyn center. He said sudafed and robitussin and tylenol are okay. I don't understand how they won't sell sudafed from the shelf and require an id but yet it is safe for pregnancy. I have a feeling I am going to be a paranoid pregnant person. I also had to get up at 11pm and eat something. I shoved down two hawaiian rolls. I did not share with the dogs this time. I went back to bed and rested until


This morning was the same. I started with an almond Kashi bar. It tasted and felt like I was chewing on corrugated cardboard. Two bites and in the trash. Then I moved to a cup of mandarine oranges and devoured those. I was still hungry, so I foraged through the fridge and found string cheese. It was enough to keep me satiated for an hour or so.... until I wanted chicken noodle soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment